3:1 Irradiated Polyolefin Heat Shrinkable Tubing
3:1 Irradiated Polyolefin Heat Shrinkable Tubing for Component Protection
Many industrial applications comprise extreme aspects such as heat, chemicals, solvents, etc. When industrial wires and cables are used in extreme environments, you require component coverage that can provide comprehensive protection. The best solutions for wire protection in demanding industrial applications are heat shrinkable tubing. Flexwires offers 3:1 irradiated polyolefin heat shrinkable tubing for wire protection in demanding applications.
Features and Benefits of 3:1 Irradiated Heat Shrinkable Tubing
At Flex Wires, we provide the following types of 3:1 heat shrinkable tubing:
- FT3N – 3:1 Normal Wall Polyolefin Heat Shrink Tubing
- FT3A – 3:1 Dual Wall Adhesive Lined Polyolefin Heat Shrink Tubing
- FT3AS – 3:1 Dual Wall Semi-Rigid Adhesive Lined Polyolefin Heat Shrink Tubing
This tubing is designed to fit medium sized plugs and connectors. It can be shrunk to provide a tight seal over a part. However, if the tubing is exposed to heat at 90°C, the tubing will shrink down to 50% in diameter. Thus, the shrinkage can be easily controlled, allowing the tubing to meet exacting wire protection requirements.
3:1 tubing possesses excellent chemical and physical attributes.
- It is chemically inert.
- It is resistant to hazardous chemicals and solvents, and extreme temperatures.
- The tubing is transparent, which makes it easy for the user in terms of handling, installation, and use.
- Polyolefin is quite rugged in nature, which makes it difficult to cut through.
Given below are some of the general technical specifications of the tubing:
- Shrink Temperature: 120℃
- Size Range (as supplied): Between 0.1250ʺ to 1.9685ʺ
- Standard Adherence:
- MIL-DTL-23053/4, Class 3
- MIL-DTL-23053/5, Class 1 & 3
- Operational Temperature Range:
- FT3A: -45℃to 135℃
- FT3N: -55℃ to 135℃
- FT3AS: -45°C to +125° C
Our 3:1 irradiated polyolefin heat shrinkable tubing can be used to protect wires in the following demanding applications:
- Wire harnesses
- Wire splices and terminations
- Terminal and connection insulation
- Wire harnesses and components jacketing
- Color coding and identification of electrical connections
At Flex Wires, we provide highly durable heat shrinkable tubing, which provides comprehensive wire and cable protection. Controlled shrinkage ensures that your specifications are met, and our products will meet your application requirements completely.