Multilayer PVC Wire
The Right Option for Low to Medium Voltage Applications
Electronic hook-up wires are available is a variety of types. They are fabricated using different materials making them compatible with a variety of applications and environments. A popular type of hook-up wire is the PVC insulated wire. It exhibits favorable thermal, electrical, and mechanical properties.
Key Features & Specifications of Multilayer PVC Wire
The following are some of the key features of multilayer PVC wires:
- Temperature Range: 60 ºC – 105 ºC
- Voltage Rating: 300 V (Spark Voltage: 3,000 V)
- Mechanical Properties: It has a high hardness ratio. It is flame retardant making it useful in high temperature applications. The PVC covering provides resistance from wear and tear, abrasion, and corrosion.
- Electrical Properties: It has a high dielectric constant. The dielectric loss is also high. The insulation properties of these wires is also very good. All these properties make it a good option for low to medium voltage applications.
Key Market Areas
Multilayer PVC wires are often used in enclosed electrical equipment. They are used in applications, where the wire could be exposed to oil at high temperatures. They are used in the following applications:
- Control panels
- Electrical appliances
- Industrial and commercial applications